Get married in Cyprus, it is not just the romance
Why should you get married in Cyprus? Here are some of the reasons why you should consider a wedding in this lovely Island.
1. It’s the Island of Love and the birthplace of Aphrodite – what could be more romantic?
2. It has over 330 days of sunshine a year so there’s no need to worry about the weather spoiling your special day.
3. It’s cheaper. On average couples spend around £25,000 getting married in the UK, including reception, honeymoon etc. You can save lots of money doing it abroad.
4. You can have a winter wedding without worrying about freezing temperatures.
5. You’ll be able to enjoy an outdoor event, where it’s still warm late into the evening.
6. Get married on the beach, barefoot in the sand, looking out at the Mediterranean Sea.
7. Have your reception on a private yacht.
8. Get married at a luxury villa in Cyprus and invite the whole family for the trip of a lifetime.
9. You get to celebrate your wedding for a whole week/fortnight instead of just one day.
10. Your family get an amazing experience too.
11. You can combine your wedding and honeymoon and save yourself the trouble of arranging both.
12. Have an idyllic honeymoon on an island that’s beauty has been celebrated throughout the ages.
13. Hold your hen/stag celebrations in the vibrant city of Limassol, renowned for its nightlife.
14. Have an intimate celebration –invite your nearest and dearest without worrying what your other relatives will think.
15. Have a casual, no fuss wedding and be free from all the hassle of seating plans, table settings and in-fighting.
16. You’ll have your very own wedding planner in Cyprus, dedicated to arranging your big day.
17. All documentation and the ceremony will be in English.
18. You can get an express wedding license which means there are no requirements regarding how long you need to be in the country for.
19. You can introduce some local traditions and customs.
20. The photographs will be better – Cyprus has spectacular scenery. Beautiful blue sea, Mediterranean sunsets, exotic gardens will provide a fabulous backdrop.
21. You can have another party when you get home, for friends and relatives who couldn’t make it and show off your wedding pictures and video.
22. It’s something different – do something extraordinary rather than copying all the other weddings you’ve been to.
23. You’ll have the perfect excuse to visit Cyprus every year – your wedding anniversary.
If you can think of any more, we’d love to hear from you.